Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I am trying to get a page foote

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEB1980

Technical User
Sep 5, 2016
GB
Hi
I am trying to get a page footer to reset on the change of GH1.

I am using Crystal reports to produce an invoice, and every page footer holds the account payee information as well as page N of M. This works fine for a single invoice.

The users have now asked for a multiple invoice file so all invoice numbers for a customer can be printed off in one go rather than entering individual invoice numbers.

I have grouped the report by Invoice number so I have the multiple file working fine other than the report footer continues from page 1 through to the last page.
So if I had 3 invoices for a customer I would want page 1 of 7 > page 7 of 7 then for it to reset to page 1 of 8 for the next individual invoice number and then rest for page 1 of 5 > 5 of 5. Instead I get page 1 of 20.

I have used GF1a, GF1b, GF1c for subreports within the invoice, I cannot see how I can do this. HHHHHHEEELLLLPPP!!!

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I presume whole data set is a billing batch so :

If G1 is Customer, G2 is Invoice(or credit note) your footer should be in G2
something like :[field.docname] [field.docno] page n/n
- if you have credit notes, this work as Credit Notes will say "Credit Note", rather than hardcoding the word invoice.

In the section expert,
select group footer 2, go to the paging tab to check the box "Reset page number after" to switch on each page of each invoice no. having its own number.
so a file of 10 invoices will have 10 x page 1 and several of page 2 etc.
I just tested it, it worked for me.
Once you do this, you will see you were on the right lines,only slight out as to where to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back