Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I am having an java application . And I want to convert it i

Status
Not open for further replies.

mithra

Programmer
May 26, 2000
IN
Hi,<br><br><br>&nbsp;I am having an java application . And I want to convert it into Web based pages using Servlets?<br><br>Can I make use of existing code ?<br><br>Thanks In advance<br><br>Mithra

Dear mithra,<br><br>Yes, No, Maybe.<br><br>Good luck<br>-pete

best bet (I think, if I understand your question correctly) is to go out and learn JSP. JSP is the interface you'll need to take existing java apps (applets, applications, I'm not sure if it's one, the other, or both) and generate dynamic webpages. As I don't know JSP, there's not much I can do about that.<br><br>Also, a note to the admin, if this gets around- I see that your CGI script is set up that if a person does not fill in the &quot;Subject&quot; field, then the first number of characters is 'elected' to become the subject. There's a problem here with a subject that spans a few lines because the HTML was left in and the &lt;br&gt;'s got shown. Rogue programmers could therefore make nonsense titles that just happen to span long amounts- if they put a &lt;TABLE&gt; with a HEIGHT of 10000 or some insanely hi number, there's going to be a lot of hellish scrolling involved.. so please disable HTML in subject lines, or at least limit it to more functional tags like &lt;I&gt; or &lt;B&gt;. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back