Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I am getting an error while c

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtreemnet

Programmer
Aug 9, 2003
NZ
Hi

I am getting an error while creating a new project after I try connect to the server.

&quot;The server <my computer name> timed out. The current request did not complete successfully. Error code= 80004005&quot;

I tried to search knowledgebase on microsoft, but could not find any solution. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks,

Hello: I had the same error and ran into the same frustration when searching the Microsoft site. Anyway out of desperation I opened up IIS and deleted the server extensions. I then chose "new tasks" and then "configure server extensions in IIS. I then went back to Visual Interdev and attempted to create a new project and ended up with another error (server error. error code=80070005.) I deleted and reconfigured again and noticed that IIS was creating 3 user accounts. The message in the window also said to open up those accounts and add group members. I went to "My computer" + "users and groups" and located those three accounts (administrators, authors and browsers) and added myself to the administrators and authors groups. This appeared to solve the problem because I could then create a new project. To recap just go to the users and groups icon in "my computer" and check out those three accounts first and add yourself if you're not listed. If that doesn't solve the problem make sure you have the server extensions installed. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back