Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, help on this subject is appreci

Status
Not open for further replies.

gennaro7

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2009
US
Hi, help on this subject is appreciated. I am creating a crystal report and I want to extract records, in the calldesc field, that have these keywords; voyager, mobility, cash edge. My table is Calllog and the field is calldesc. I am a beginner in SQL programming. What is the (query) code to do this extraction. thanks for the help.

g.

Please do not double post.

To link the two tables you need to look at the system data dictionary (if one exists) or speak to the developers to find out which fields relate the two tables together.

Failing that do any reports already exist, you can learn a lot from those reports and may even be able to save as a new report and modify to suit your needs.

Ian

You should also have a meaningful title, rather than "this subject".

And you can select for types using Crystal, though SQL may be more efficient.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 2008 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back