Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Guys. I've got a 3x8 Dr5 and a 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masson

Vendor
Jan 26, 2013
CA
Hi Guys.
I've got a 3x8 Dr5 and a Flash2, 2.0.voicemail. Client wants,when selected in the AA Greeting to be transferred to the Gen. Del. Mbox (ext 21) from an extention that does not have a mailbox.No matter how I configure it, it always goes back to the AA Greeting, then disconnects.
Any ideas?
I've tried Call forward no answer to Ext 21. To Mbox 10 and the voicemail DN 28.

voicemail DN 28" is the one to use, what exactly will the caller hear before going back to AA?

The built in General Delivery mailbox is 10
21 is usually the DN of reception
In F983 you would go into mailbox 10 and tell the Ext: to = the DN of reception.

In you case maybe the General Delivery mailbox is disabled and mailbox 21 was created, while sometimes this is by design it's mostly a rookie mistake.

Check to to see if General Delivery mailbox is enabled or disabled by logging into Feature 983 then press 6
If it is disabled then I suggest you Enable it, then first delete mailbox 21, then go to MBOX/10 and assign it to 21.

In some cases you may want reception to have a private mailbox, in this case change the Ext: to the courtesy phones DN or mailroom etc or use * as the DN where they will need to check it randomly or use Off Prem Notify.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Try turning off return to AA. Although that may just disconnect the call. It also will disable remote login of mailboxes.

Marv ccna

I have tried your scenario and many other combinations. Can not get the extension without a mailbox to call forward no answer to the Gen. Del. Mbox 10 Ext. 21.
Table 1 is set to Atdt. 21
F-982 is set to Atdt. 21

This is what happens:
After the call forward to Ext 21, the Auto Atdt. says "the person you have called is not available"....

Then goes back to Table 1 greeting... If you know the Ext. you would like to reach etc......

Is there anybody out there that can make this work in their lab?
I certainly am not having any luck.

Hmmmmm...seems like setting transfer call back to 6 remedied this problem in my lab.
Will try it out at the customer prem next week.

In all my test scenarios it boils down to the General Delivery mailbox being disabled (as mentioned in my previous post) therefore it will go to AA instead since it does not see General Delivery.

You are vague on your answer/settings still so let try precise replies please by answering these 5 questions:

-Press F985, does the number you see on the display match the the digits in your Forward No Answer setting?

-Press 6, do you see General Delivery as being Enabled (Y) or Disabled(N)?
-Go to AA/GRTG/AA, do you see Return to AA as Y or N?
-Go to MBOX/CHG/10 next to Ext: , what DN is displayed here?
-Go to MBOX/CHG/21, does it let you change it or does it say "Invalid Mailbox"

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hmmmmm...seems like setting transfer call back to 6 remedied this problem in my lab.
Will try it out at the customer prem next week."

Glad I re-read this just now...
Best to reply to threads instead of editing 3 days later.

The Transfer Call Back would indeed be your issue, it is common practice to make Transfer Callback and DRT rings counts greater than Forward No Answer or AA rings counts.

Glad you figured it out yourself so have a star mate!

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for your help Paul.
Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back