Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Guys I am trying to setup my 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutta

Technical User
Jun 4, 2001
GB
Hi Guys

I am trying to setup my netgear fa511 pcmcia card, on redhat 7.3.

I am having a bit of a problem, i am following the instructions provided by the card manufacturer. When i run the command

gcc -DCARDBUS -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c tulip.c \-o tulip_cb.o -I/usr/src/linux/pcmcia-cs-3.1.19/include \ -I/usr/src/linux/include

i get cannot find file or directory, quite alot of times. i have extracted the "pcmcia-cs-3.1.19" were shall i put this. The usr/src/linux directory does not exist. Instead there is a redhat directory in there.

i have tried alsorts, copied the contents of that extracted file into various locations, and made the OS crash and burn.

So, i need some advice.

IE. Where the general files are kept. What should i be looking for if the 'gcc' command line works.

aaah, just remembered it also cannot find 'hardirq.h' and 'softirq.h'.

TIA

SAF

If you are going to use that command line you need to create a directory under /usr/src/linux called pcmcia-cs-3.1.19 and extract or move the files and all sudirectories there. the command line is looking for /usr/src/linux/pcmcia-cs-3.1.19/include and can't find it because it does not exist yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back