Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi guys, hope everyone's well... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artois28

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
DE
Hi guys, hope everyone's well...

Having just solved the problem of malware, I was sitting at my Pc feeling smug when my daughter turned off the vacuum cleaner she was using (in the next room) when my Hanns g 281d monitor went blank and will not come out of stand-by mode.

Has the monitor been energy-spiked? Never heard of this before, but I'm sure you guys will have had issues, many thanks in advance

Artois28

You mean it's not on a UPS to protect it??? Sorry. That's possibly what happened then. I'd unplug the AC adapter from it and unplug the ac adapter from the wall and let them sit for 10 minutes. Then try it again.

If no joy, can you use a voltmeter to test the AC adapter to see if juice is flowing out of it?

****** This is assuming that it has a an AC to DC adapter like most laptops use - a power "brick"
Link

Thanks for you quick response Goombawaho, did just that and got the monitor back working...
Allstate well that ends well...

Cheers

Artois28

Think about a UPS for your most important equipment (PC, monitor, router) to protect them. Next time it could be permanent. If your computer is on the same electrical circuit as any motor (vacuum, furnace, A/C, garage door opener, sump pump) it can suffer damage from under voltage when these motors start up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back