Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi folks. I'm having a permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistervague

Programmer
Dec 13, 2001
US
Hi folks. I'm having a permissions problem. At least that's what it looks like to me.

I have a db which lives in a secure web directory, for example: \\myserver\D\InetPub\The secured.mdw file is in the same place.

I mapped the network drive, and have admin privs on the server. All my DAP's use a passwordless login (since the db is in a protected directory) and work fine for ME.

It seems that anyone who does not have full permissions on the server and/or has not mapped that drive (such as a remote user) can't access the DAP's. They get:

'The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file ". It is already open exlusively by another user
or you need permissions to view its data'

All files in that directory have the same permissions as the plain .html files I believe, and everyone sees them.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to tackle this problem? Should I approach this differently?

Thanks for everyone's participation. This is a tremendous resource.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back