Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi folks, I know there are issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenCunningham

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
GB
Hi folks,

I know there are issues with downloading sunfreeware.com files to Windows machines, and thence (via binary ftp) to a Solaris server, but as we don't have any other option I was wondering whether anyone has discovered a reliable get-around of the problems which seem to bedevil this process. Any advice gratefully received. Cheers.

get an ftp client for your machine and ftp the files from the links instead of going via a browser ... ?

if you have a good ftp client you might be able to ftp straight to the solaris machine by doing a remote to remote file transfer ...

wget or the ncftp client running on cygwin have worked well for me. Cygwin is a library and tools package for Windows 9x/NT/2k/XP that allows building Un*x source on a windows box.

You can get more info at Cheers

man(1) is your friend

Thanks, guys, I'll try the freeware4sun site and get back to you. Cheers.

Nwardez, many thanks freeware4sun worked brilliantly. Thanks to others fro their suggestions too. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back