Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Folks, How do i make a confer

Status
Not open for further replies.

swamyt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2004
US
Hi Folks,

How do i make a conference call from 2616 set ?? any idea..

You should have a key AO6 or AO3 assigned to that phone. Then build a normal conversation (can also be used from an existing conversation).
Place the caller on hold by pressing the new AOx key and enable the conference by pressing the AOx key again.

AO3 means a conference call with a total of 3 participants;
AO6 means a conference call with a total of 6 participants.
This is always including the initiator of the conference.

Going a little bit further on Supernn's post. While speaking to caller a, press the conference button, dial caller b, unless you already have caller b on the other line. Once caller b is on the line press conference again to connect you, a & b. A side note, if for some reason caller b does not answer, you must hit the release key before going back to caller a. Failure to do so can cause your conference button feature to stick and the arrow will stay on next to the conference key. I saw this happen many times on an 81C I used to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back