Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Folks Here is the situation:

Status
Not open for further replies.

brotech

Technical User
Jun 29, 2011
CA
Hi Folks
Here is the situation:

I set up a CS menu to answer incoming calls for two Doctors using the one DID #, callers are presented with two options, one for each Dr. Pressing 1 or 2 takes the caller to a second CS menu whereby the Caller hears the Drs office Hours. If they want to reach out to the Receptionist they need to Press 1 in the second CS Menu.
When the call goes out to the Extension I have it going to a Ring Group (programmed on a key) so the reception knows which Dr is being chosen and they know how to answer the call.

Two problems, first the caller is hearing the MOH announcement for the Drug Store rather than ringing....almost like they are in a Que (perhaps they are).

Secondly, if the call is not answered, the caller gets the greeting "Sorry, there is no one available to take your call, Press 1 to leave a message, Press 0 to reach the Operator and press * to transfer to another Extension". The Clinic prefers not to have Callers leaving a message.

They would like the caller to hear a message to the effect that 'no is available to answer your call at this time, so please hang up and call back later.'

I see in some related posts about turning off Prompt 636....am i on the right track by doing that?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back