Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Folks, Got myself into a bind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dph

Technical User
Oct 22, 2003
US
Hi Folks,
Got myself into a bind. We have an HP 20ps printer and are using the HP 20ps RIP software. The printer is connected to a peer to peer network via a Jetdirect 615 card.
One of the computers could not recognize the printer so I hastely uninstalled the driver thinking I could reinstall. The computer could not recognize the printer name and I tried different variations. I then (not thinking) went to the server, an HP2110 with Windows 2000 server, and tried uninstalling with thoughts of reinstalling. It seemed to leave a few things behind and would not let me reinstall. I finally got the driver reinstalled on the server, I think, but still am not able to install the driver on the original computer.
Question; Do I install on the satellite computer as stand alone since it is going through the Jetdirect card or as client? Is the server still controlling the actions of the print jobs?
I am a CAD tech turned IT person so I am learning how networks work behind the scenes and I was not around when this printer was originally installed so I am trying to understand how it all works together.
I appreciate any advice/thoughts.

DPH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back