Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi everyone! I'm having a small is 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator10

MIS
Apr 17, 2003
US
Hi everyone! I'm having a small issue with some of my clients not receiving updated definitions. I have one primary server and four parent servers. The primary receives the update, gives it to the parents and so on. Two out of the four parents are updating clients and two are not. Any ideas? I've just recently upgraded to 8.0 CE and all servers are updated. I have settings set to check for updates every hour. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. Not real up on this Symantec stuff and having to learn rather quickly.

Thanks All!!!

1. Make sure the clients are seeing the parent server. You can check this easily by opening NAV on the client computer.
2. If the parent server is correct, copy the GRC.dat file from the parent server and place it in c:\docs&settings\ all users\application data\symantec\Norton AntiVirus Corporate Edition\7.5\. Restart the client computer for these settings to take effect.
3. If it still isn't working make sure the client is looking for the right server IP address. To check this manually go into each client's registry, go to HKLM/Software/Intel/Landesk/VirusProtect6/CurrentVersion/AddressCache/<Parent server name> in the registry and select the address_0 key. Check the last digits before a series of 0’s (should be 16 digits out) and convert the hex to decimal. This is the IP address of the server. Change this if it's not pointing to the server IP (169.254.147 = A9 FE 93).

Thanks CompSciGuru! Really appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back