Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi everyone. I need help with an Ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintaka

Technical User
Mar 19, 2002
GB
Hi everyone. I need help with an Excel worksheet. I have NEVER used the VBE before, this is my first time, so go easy on me.

The problem:

I want to delete all the empty rows in a worksheet. I have done a search and found this code:
Sub DeleteBlankRows1()
'Deletes the entire row within the selection if the ENTIRE row contains no data.

'We use Long in case they have over 32,767 rows selected.
Dim i As Long

'We turn off calculation and screenupdating to speed up the macro.
With Application
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.ScreenUpdating = False

'We work backwards because we are deleting rows.
For i = Selection.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1
If WorksheetFunction.CountA(Selection.Rows(i)) = 0 Then
Selection.Rows(i).EntireRow.Delete
End If
Next i

.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
.ScreenUpdating = True
End With
End Sub

Of course, it means absolutely nothing to me, it's like a foreign language. But it also gives these instructions:

Open Excel.
Push Alt+F11 to open the VBE (Visual Basic Editor).
Go to Insert>Module.
Copy the code and paste it in the new module.
Push Alt+Q to return to Excels normal view.
Push Alt+F8 and then select the macro name and click Run. Or select Options and assign a shortcut key.

The first two are no problem but when I try the third, i.e. "Go to Insert>Module." The option to do so is not available. The screen has two white panes on the left, the top pane is labeled "Projects - No open projects", the bottom pane is labeled "Properties", The main screen, which takes up most of the screen, is Grey.

How do I proceed?

The code is taken from this site:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back