Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, Could anyone help please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFEXP

Programmer
Jul 1, 2003
GB
Hi,
Could anyone help please...

I have a merged copybook file i.e. 2 copybooks merged to form a single copybook. I have created source and a mapping which has the VSAM source and a Normalizer followed by logic..
For example the copybook has following fields A,B,C

The datafile contains data for A,B and C. But A being common in both i.e. (A & B) or (A & C)

The data file if has only the follwing data i.e. for A and C the Normalizer takes maps the A data in A field and the C data maps to B and all goes wrong as B should have been mapped to Null and C data should have been populated in the C field, is there a way to resolve this problem. Even if I create 2 seperate copybooks the datafile will still contain data for A,B & C and hence if the Datafile contains A & B data then it will map correctly in the Normalizer but if it contains A & C then again the A data will map to A but the C data will map to B..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back