Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Am using a Windows NT 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehrnosh

Programmer
Dec 17, 2002
HK
Hi

Am using a Windows NT 4.0 workstation and have a couple of network drives mapped. Have create a dos bat file to copy a file from my c: to one of the network drive. The batch file work fine i run it from windows or dos, but when i schedule it thru window's AT scheduler it doesnot copy the file on the network drive. My scheduler service is started and the startup setting shows Log On As System Account, I cannot change this setting to This Account as couple of other jobs which are schedule will be effected, is there any other options.

Any suggestions will be of great help

Thanks

are you logged on when the batch runs?
Or does the batch runnes at a time that you are logged off?

Hi

Ya am logged on when the batch file is executed thru AT
and it work fine if the target file is on the Local Drive, but if the target file is on the network drive which is mapped the AT job gets executed but it doesnot copy the file

Thanks

Have you tried:-

1. Mapping the drive in the batch file (if the drive is mapped in you session, but job is running under the system account, presumably it won't be mapped there).

or

2. Using UNC name for shared folder, eg, \\machine1\share1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back