Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi all This is a query related

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolso

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
IN

Hi all

This is a query related to change in the password of internal. I am working on Oracle 8i (8.1.6) on Windows NT. I want to set up password for internal user for my own machine to prevent users from using Oracle DB Access as admin.
For this I have used exact procedure told Oracle in Documentation. Those are as follows

1) on c:> orapwd file=acct.pwd password=section users=2
2) Then I set in initora1.ora file REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWRDFILE=EXCLUSIVE.
3) I granted sysdba and sysoper to one user that was sys as
c:> sqlplus , connected as internal
4) At sql prompt I said 'GRANT SYSDBA TO SYS:' and "GRANT SYSOPER TO SYS'
5) Then I said 'SHUTDOWN' and then 'STARTUP'

When I tried to connect using internal 'CONNECT INTERNAL' it got connected without asking password. What should I do to enforce password even on same desktop(For Internal User)

Amol New to dba world, so please ......

It sounds as if you've inadvertently implemented one of the ways to eliminate password verification of the internal id. Metalink note 77665.1 documents a number of ways of doing this. The simplest way is to set the NT registry parameter DBA_AUTHORIZATION.

If you want to resume password verification, you will have to figure out how it was turned off in the first place. Then you can reverse the steps and back out. Please refer to the Metalink document for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back