Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi all I'm fairly new to ASP and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waud

Programmer
Oct 9, 2003
GB
Hi all

I'm fairly new to ASP and have been roped into writing an ASP site for a friend, he wants to use a component (.DLL) provided by a third party. I've spoken to the Host and they have advised that I can upload it to the webspace and they will then register it on the server after which I should be able to call it from my site.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I can find out how to call it from my site. (and also how it is registered on the server so I'll have some idea of what the host is talking about)

Any help will be greatly appreciated

once it is registered on the server u can call it using srever.createobject, the best example being the ADO objects, its actaully a method of a dll file registered on ur system, in a similar way u have to call ur dll file...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Thanks for the pointer vbkris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back