Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi All, I wrote a filter in java

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper2

Programmer
Jul 13, 2007
ES
Hi All,

I wrote a filter in java which makes changes on the e-mail addresses. This filter works correctly on .jsp pages but doesn't do anything on .html sides.
Is there somebody who has idea why is that?

My filter mapping in the WEB.xml looks like: <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

Thank you in advance!

So you didn't explain yet what do you mean by "doesn't work". At first sigth, I'd tell you that filters run server-side, so they won't affect html pages

For those like me ignorants about Java filters

Cheers,
Dian

oh okay, so I try to explain with a bit more details what is exactly my problem.

As I mentioned I wrote a filter. This filter change the format of the e-mail addresses.

The filter works fine on the .jsp pages but on a page with .html extension doesn't makes any changes. No error msg., so the html page comes back without any changes on the e-mail addresses.

As I told you before, jsp pages are compiled and "executed" in the server. AFAIK, html pages are just delivered without any processment.

Cheers,
Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back