Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi All, I posted this message in a

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCruz063

Programmer
Feb 21, 2003
US
Hi All,
I posted this message in another forum but had no replies. So, here it goes:

I use a Jet 4.0 database (just upgraded from Access 2000 to XP). I experiece a lot of corruption before but after I switched to XP the corrupted seemed to stop. Well, today, it got corrupted again and when I compacted it, I lost one of my tables. Is there any way to get my table back? It had over 100,000 records. I can't afford to just lose it!

Jose

This is not a trite answer to your question but as a DBA who sees this way too often--

If you really, really care about your data- don't keep it in Access.

I don't know of any way for you to get it back if it is really hosed.

Move to a real RDBMS- SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL. Something you can back up- something with recovery options.

OK, I think so, stoolpigeon. When you store big data, don't use MS Access. Using MS SQL Server is a solution (I'm using it). But I think Oracle is the best choice, because all products of Microsoft implicit error.
With your case, please contact Microsoft directly .
Good luck.
KieuTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back