Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hi all, I have made a setup o

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishjain

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
IN
hi all,
I have made a setup of VB application. I have used ADODC and sometime runtime ADO in my application to access database. when i install this software in fresh machine it gives some run time errors. But what happened last night, when i install Office 2000 in my machine, application was working fine. If i remeber correcty, When i was developing VB application i had MSOffice 2000 in my machine. What exactly the problem is? i am not able to get. Is this is problem because of ADO versioing or something else? Could u help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,
Ashish Jain

Hi!
I can remember a bug in the setup-maker of visual basic. Unfortunately, I can't find the exact explanation but I'l try...
When you are making a setup-file from your vb-project, you get three files: project.cab, setup.exe and setup.lst (and also folder package but it is unimportant here). You have to check in your setup.lst file (open it with notepad or something). You will see a lot of lines like these

File6=@MSDBRPTR.DLL,$(WinSysPath),$(DLLSelfRegister),$(Shared),7/15/00 1:00:00 AM,299008,6.0.88.4

with here "@msdbrptr.dll" as filename and "$(DLLSelfRegister)" as method for registering the file. You have to search your setup.lst file for files with .tlb extension. If these .tlb files have $(DLLSelfRegister) for registering method you must change it to $(TLBRegister)

I hope this works...

greetz

Mim

In your install package make sure that ADO and MDAC are included in the distributables. Craig, mailto:sander@cogeco.ca

Remember not to name the Lambs...
It only makes the chops harder to swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back