Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HI all, I have an Visual FoxPr

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranklinYeung

Programmer
Apr 20, 2001
HK
HI all,

I have an Visual FoxPro 6.0 application connecting to SQL server 7.0 via ADO 2.5. And recently, I experienced a very strange case from SQL server 7.0 on NT 4. When i execute the application. ADO returned "timeout expired" error even when i execute a simple ADO statement in the application. I 100% believe the ADO timeout parameter is set to a reasonable figure (around 300seconds)

Why i said it is a strange case because there is no such error from the past 1.5 years. The only observed difference is that in the "Alerts" section of the "SQL Server Agent" in the Enterprise Manager, it logged a new Severity Error 19 (Fatal eror is resource) and I think it is the main cause to make the SQL server not proper response and thus the ADO timeout expired in querying data.

Any idea how to fix it? Is it a dead lock? I believe havn't made any insert / update statement but just only querying data from server from the application and produce reports, but why it will timeout now but not before?

Any job to do so that i can "clean up" the resource in the SQL server? Severity 19 confusing me because whether it is not enough space to store data / create internal cursor or the locks is not enough?

Anyone experienced before and can share your skills to me?

Many thanks in advance!

:(
Franklin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back