Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi all, I am having this problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ts2032

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
US
Hi all,

I am having this problem and I don't know if if is related to VI or what. We have an intranet site. The server has several sites on it. One site was created in FrontPage and has no database, no global.asa. Just a simple website. The other site was developed using Visual Interdev 1.0. The server is running window2000NT, Sql 7.0.

We have been getting some complaints that some of the field users were getting an "overlaying" of their screens on the VI site. I actually saw one of these incidents. What appeared to be happening was that the screens were being rendered one on top of the other. The screen is totally unreadable, but you can recognize the site. I noticed that if I tried to print the web page it printed out correctly, thus I was thinking it was a display driver issue, but if I typed in the address to the other site on the same server, it displayed correctly. From there, if I went back to the VI site it was incorrectly displayed. I know it is machine specific, as it doesn't happen on every machine. Could this be a memory issue, as I rebooted the machine and the display returned to normal.

any help in this matter is greatly appreciated,

tsmith

What version of IE? I have had fields stacked with version 6, when 5.5 worked fine.

Thank you for your response,

The version I am running is 5.0, and the version I am receiving the complaints about is 5.5.

tsmith

One thing that worked on one machine I tried. In the internet options... temporary internet files... setting set the options to get new page every visit to site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back