Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HG Overflow to Info only MB? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleRhyme

Technical User
Mar 10, 2008
US
Hello all,
Working on a BCM50....first one since 2010....uggghh....it's all coming back slowly!

How can I overflow unanswered calls from HG to an info only MB, either subscriber or non-subscriber?

Is there a way to maybe send the call back from the HG to the AA from which it came but to a different table which a straight up Info MB answering?

So far I was able to have calls go from:
AA > HG01 (8 members) > overflow to HG02 (1 member-spare unused phone-added a MB to it)

Not seeing in documentation but can a subscriber box be optioned as Info only?

Thanks!!

Yes you can

Create a mailbox that is the same number as the hunt group. Ie if the hunt group is 701 make a 701 mailbox {subscriber or info). Set your overflow to the voice mail DN.

As for getting out of the mailbox use * as long as Return to AA is set or zero to reach an operator.

Marv ccna

Thanks for that info but I just get the general delivery mb instead.

HG01 is 397 so I made info box 397 then set overflow to VM DN 363.

Am I missing something?

Did you initialize the mailbox but setting the new password and recording the name for it?
When it cannot find a mailbox of the same DN because it does not exist or is not initialize it defaults to the GD mbox.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes, I recorded a spoken name, mb recording and changed password.... Hmmm

Ok, looks like HG can only overflow to VM DN and have a HG subscriber box answer not an info mb.
So I'm back to square one. Now I can't seem to find a way to make a subscriber mb change to info only. Can't find admin options within mb to make this happen.

Use SDN

There are a load of features there to allow you to transfer the huntgroup to a mailbox

Call pilot
SDN

You can transfer back to another AA,mailbox etc.

I use to make queuing loops from huntgroup back to its self a bit like call centre loops.

Try it out and see if it helps.

Thanks Snowman but I can't get the HG to overflow to the SDN I created in CP.....it's not a valid DN.

It’s been a while since I worked on BCM’s

I think the SDN number must match the huntgroup in order for it to work.

So when the overflow goes to VM DN it looks for a matching number
So if the HG is 397 then the SDN is 397 there’s a match.
The SDN then follows its links you have set up.

Looking back I think I set up a greeting table which transferred the call to a mailbox
So set up another greeting table
Set to transfer to mailbox
Enter your info mailbox.

Now I can't seem to find a way to make a subscriber mb change to info only"

You are out of mailbox keycodes it sounds like.
Maybe you have one you can delete if your lucky.

SDN is a good route.

You need to Overflow the HG to the DN of Callpilot

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

"You need to Overflow the HG to the DN of Callpilot"

Example:
Some sets are in HG 0X (DN490)
HG 0X (DN490) oveflows to 334 (CP)
Service DN is 490

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Side note: you will have to create a new info mailbox..
It can't match any Huntgroup or users mailbox

Eg info mailbox 597 for hunt group 397

I have plenty of VM licenses Curlycord. Since I was unable to overflow to an Info MB or anything except the GMB or a subscriber MB, I wanted to log into the subscriber box and see if there was an admin option to choose an alternate greeting but hang up with no record option for callers...making it a temporary info box.

Snowman, I didn't get to try anymore situations with the SDN because the VM locked up. When logging into CP through a phone to clean up GMB 100, the screen froze on the phone and the BCM fans would speed up to a loud hiss then slow down and almost stall. It was systematic and I could make it happen over and over.....never was able to get into GMB or Admin MB again.

Call processing still seems to work fine and the AA still answers but no more MB access. The customer told me that it takes about an hour for it to reboot so I'm not doing that.

I reached out to an old friend who still works on them and he said that the BCM's that were mounted on the wall tend to lose the hard drive prematurely....because it's spinning vertically. Maybe I'll put this replacement on a shelf when I return.

I'm going to have to change it out for them and I may reach back out to you guys when I install the replacement.

Until then, I sprinkled some Holy Water on it and said a prayer.

Thank you both!!!

Sounds as if the hard drive is on its way out.

Do a backup ASAP.

Then you can reinstall it on new HD .

Try to get a replacement at the same software level if you can.
Then there won’t be any licence issue.

Unless the replacement has the same licences then it won’t be an issue

🤞

"So I'm back to square one. Now I can't seem to find a way to make a subscriber mb change to info only. Can't find admin options within mb to make this happen."

Oops, I read it wrong... almost all others post the opposite lol, Info boxes do not need a keycode.
Either way you must delete the mailbox and re-create it as there is no change option from Info to Sub or vice versa.

"see if there was an admin option to choose an alternate greeting but hang up with no record option for callers"
If you do not want to delete the mailbox then go into the subscriber mailbox and record an "Alternate" greeting, you can then choose "Prime or Alt to play.
Alternate will allow you to turn off messages Y or N

As for the BCM make sure to do a backup right way if not done already.
Check the Alarms to see what is going on.
Blow any dust out if it is in the warehouse.

When replacing the drive update the patches to the latest then do the restore.
Check to see what patches you need:

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

A work around is to use a subscriber mailbox but use the ALT greeting and set it to not allow messages.

Marv ccna

I should have remembered that..lol

I also think the info mailboxes are unlimited...with in reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back