Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hey Malc....Compiled report will not allow login access for client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexiecat

Programmer
Nov 8, 2000
CA
I compiled and distributed my report to a client. After I configured the ODBC datasource for a 32-bit driver the client was prompted for username and password. They couldn't gain access to the database. I was able to gain access to the the database by entering my username and password. Also, my username is the dafault value. How can I change this?

I am using Windows 98 and some of my clients are using windows 2000 with a configure option button to select 'promt on every print'. Even with this option checked they are not permitted access.

Any suggesstions would be great.

I never use the compiled report feature anymore, so I never have any problems with it :).
The only reason I'm responding is that you stuck my name in the subject line, which might discourage other people from responding, and I am not going to be much use here.
So, even if your name doesn't begin with Malc, can anyone help?

(ps probably not a good idea to target forum postings to specific people - you really want people who know your exact problem to respond) Malcolm
wynden@telus.net
November is "be kind to dogs and programmers" month. Or is that "dogs or programmers"?

Is the database secured?
Is this your network password or a database password.
What happens if they put in their user name and password?
Have you ruled out permissions issues? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Ken,

I'm pretty sure my database is secured. The client can't use their username and password. I think it may be a client access issue. I'm having some major compile issues. We have Version 8 on the way and I hope it clears up some of these issues.

Thanks for responding.

Hey Malc!

Thanks for your 2 cents, even though you had no answer to my question. Thanks from before too, (the formula issue.)

Later,

Dee

Anyone ever get an answer to this (re-entering of passwords)?
For various reasons I am trying to use the compiled reports package as part of a front for a SQL Server running Visual Manufacturing.
Entering usernames and passwords each time is painful.
Our Reports is Version 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back