Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heterogeneous queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

jararaca

Programmer
Jun 1, 2005
US
Hi,

I'm trying to create a query in a database on one SQL Server that refers to a database on another SQL server. Even though the other Server is listed properly under "Security/Linked Servers," and all user permissions are correct, when I try to save the query, I get this error:

"Error 7405: Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS options to be set for the connection. This ensures consistent query semantics. Enable these options and then reissue your query."

If I try to create it in Visual Studio, the message I get is this:

"ADO error: [OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the specified transaction coordinator.] OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a]. The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction."

Thank you for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back