Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here's one for a real genius......Escom 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithinuk

Technical User
May 14, 2002
GB
Hello
I have an 'OLD' Escom PC which I'm donating to a local charity. It has an Intel P100 with 1GB HDD and 24MB RAM. It had Win 95 initially now Win 98SE.
I want to increase the RAM (EDO) as they will be viewing scanned pictures. My problem is I don't know what the maximum allowable RAM is. There are currently four memory modules. Two of them (the originals) have two chips on the front with "KM416C21204AJ-6" on them and stickers on the back with "SEC KMM5321204AW-6" "9533" "KOREA" printed on them.
The other two I purchased from Crucial about 8 years ago.
The only labels I can find on the motherboard are "Made in Ireland" (well it could be helpful!!!) "PBA 634468-809" "AA 646439-809" barcode "C00482827".
Anybody recognise this ancient beast ???????
Help please
Thanks
Keith

In case I forget to say 'Thank you' I'll say it now - thank you for your help !!!

Well it sounds like one pair are 8mb modules and the other just 4's
I think 16mb's were pretty much the largest EDO's but are pretty rare.
If you can locate some that would take you from 24mb to 48mb (swapping the 2x 4mb's for 2x 16's) still not a great deal.

Max is probably 64mb 4x 16mb modules.
Martin

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back