Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here's ANOTHER Tech Tip- Psudeo Answer DN Solution for UCx

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCXNortel

Vendor
Jul 5, 2013
US
We had a reseller ask about Answer DN's on the UCx. In short, the UCx doesn't "technically" have an Answer DN feature. HOWEVER, here is something that will work!

If you want to get closer to the Norstar/BCM Answer DN behavior, you should do the following:
1. Create a new ring group with
- A number that will be easy to associate with 222 - so let's say "6222"
- The name could be set to something like "Answer ring group for 222"
- Include the extensions where you need the "Answer Key" capability in the Extensions list
- Set the strategy to "ringall"
- Use a ring time longer than what you'll use in Follow Me setting of the extension 222 (see below) - let's say 60 seconds
- Use a CID Name Prefix indicating that the call is from the "answer DN" extension (for example "222: ")

2. For the extension 222, configure Follow Me settings
- Set the strategy to "ringall"
- Use a ring time shorter than the time used for the ring group above (let's say 30 seconds)
- In the Follow-Me List include:
* the extension itself => 222
* the ring group number followed by # (very important) => 6222#
- Set the Destination if no answer to "voicemail for 222 unavailable"

With this configuration, when someone calls 222, ALL of the phones configured in Step 1 above AND the extension being called, will ring. The caller ID presented on the extension 222 will identify the caller (for example "Charles 266"), the caller ID presented on the other extensions will be prefixed with the CID name prefix (for example "222: Charles 266"). Using call forward on an extension in the ring group will forward calls intended for 222 to the call forward destination. Use CAUTION when using Call Forward as some Voice Mail rules\timers may come into play when forwarding to an external number such as a cell phone if the cell phone is in the “Follow Me” list! You will need to test and “play” with it to ensure the parameters are what you want.

I have tested this and it works… I hope you find this useful!

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Answer DN the easy way!
If all you want is to answer another extension on digital set, say ext 251, then assign a memory key on each phone that you need coverage like this--- Label = whatever you want --- Digits = 251R
xxxR = ringing blf and xxxB = blf

Yes, theislandtech, that will work for sure, however, the phone with the ringing BLF button will ring immediately. The method I posted can allow for a delay before the secondary set rings by setting the Initial Ring Time for the Primary Extension to "X" seconds before the secondary set(s) in the Follow Me list rings so that the "Answer DN" has some flexibility as to when the phone will ring. I should have clarified that the customer wanted the "delayed ring" option.

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back