Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Heres a tough one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelExpert

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2010
US
I have a 3300 MXe MCD 4.2 system. I need a programming solution to interface with an IVR system. We will be connecting the IVR system to the 3300 via 6 to 12 ONS ports. There will be 6 different DIDs that will be calling into this IVR which will then route out to 6 different pharmacies. Each Pharmacy will have its own DID out of the 6. The customer is wanting to utilize all of the 6 to 12 ONS ports for each number and not wanting to designate a DID to a ONS port or a group of the ONS interface ports. Does anyone have any ideas on how I would program the following - a caller calls 1 of the 6 numbers that route into the IVR, from there the IVR routes that caller to one of the 6 pharmacies......basically is there a way to present the "callED" number to the IVR so that it knows where to route the call without dedicating specific ONS interface ports to the DIDs. The reason they do not want to dedicate them is because they want the capability of utilizing all ons ports for all 6 pharmacy numbers. If nobody is calling pharmacy A but 6 people are calling pharmacy B, they want that capability. Thanks

This seems like the same senario we set up for Auto attendant. you can setup dummy ONS extns on the system and call forward them always to the IVR hunt group. This way the the DDI will come in hit the dummy extn and thak the CLI of the dummy extnsion into the IVR.

You would have been best to use the 6160 (Intelligent Queue) and you could simply have done CLI based routing where you could have put the area codes and then the destination.

You can still do this is guess with your IVR, can the IVR do DB lookups? If so create a DB with the area codes and destinations?

Just a thought

Building on braindead2's suggestion, it will be important that you set up your IVR ports as a "Voice Mail" hunt group. This is how the Mitel know when to send the digits along to your IVR.

A heads up: The most common problem I see when setting these up is that the IVR isn't programmed to wait long enough to receive the digits. You may be sending them but the server has given up already. I won't take much. Perhaps a few hundred mil secs.

Dry Aquaman

1) Put your ONS ports in a COS that has E&M/COV/ONS voice mail port set to Yes.
2) Put these ons ports into a VoiceMail Hunt Group.
3) Connect the ONS ports to the IVR.
4) Enter the DID numbers in System Speed to point to the new IVR Hunt Group.
5) Verify operation and and check DTMF reception by the IvR.

Am I misunderstanding the Ops request?

My idea is that he is not wanting to collect digits dialled, he is wanting to route calls based on the DNIS. A customer calls 1 of 6 DIDs which direct to a hunt group of 6 - 12 ports and the IVR routes the call based on which DID was dialled. All DID's are directed to the same hunt group.

More info would be needed on what 3rd party IVR is being used and whether it can support such a feature on analog services.

You may have more luck with a SIP capable IVR.

It kind of comes down to what the capabilities of the IVR are. You certainly can create a hunt group for each DID using the same ports and send info to the IVR that way. You could also use the suggestion of using dummy extensions forwarded to the IVR hunt that have the COS option set to voicemail so that the dummy extension number is toned in to the IVR via DTMF.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Thanks for all of your help. The IVR is customer supplied and I am not even sure of the make and model of it. Still waiting for a call back for that info. I think the dummy ext/vm hunt might be my best option. Its kind of hard to engineer this without that info but I think Im heading in the right direction. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back