Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Here's a Tech Tip for you...Scheduled Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCXNortel

Vendor
Jul 5, 2013
US
We had a customer who wanted to use their UCx to alert the classrooms at class period change times, etc. We suggested utilizing the UCx Scheduled Announcement feature. The Scheduled Announcements are an add on to the UCx and provides a flexible method to deliver announcements over the internal phone speakers, external paging, or both. This app is also great for manufacturing, retails, etc.

Check this out for more information and I hope this is useful to you!

Have a blessed day!

Stocking Distributor for E-Metrotel

Can we utilize this function for a Park Page feature similar to BCM? Remember when you'd press 1 or 2 etc on the auto attendant, it would page overhead or the phone speakers?

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Enthusiast

You can set the IVR option to play an Announcement, or set an option to access a Paging Group, but not the Scheduled Announcement. This isn't a big deal since the Scheduled Announcement uses a recorded announcement anyway, it just sets the time it will play. So, in "round about way", you can accomplish what you are asking for.
Hope this helps!

The configuration of scheduled announcements allows you to use any destination - internal or external. If you want to play an announcement using an overhead speaker, you would simply select a group with only one extension - the overhead speaker device. This can be used for example by stores that need to play a pre-recorded announcement each day at a specific time via the overhead speaker - for example "Dear shoppers, our store will be closing in 10 minutes".

Unless I am mistaken, scheduled announcements have nothing to do with the Park feature.

I agree with ucxguy, the Scheduled Announcements are not part of Park. Playing the Announcement from an IVR Menu point would play the same Announcement each time and would not reflect a held or parked call or the parked position of the call.

All of the Safeway stores in the USA, about 1400 stores, use a feature called Park Page.

When a caller calls the store and reaches an auto attendant and selects a department such as Deli, you hear "Deli Department 201" In Joan Kenley's voice over the PA system. Or say you want to reach customer service, you hear "Customer Service 202." They are using BCM450's. Is there something similar on the UCx?

I was also just informed by a friend that Kroger, the largest grocery chain in the USA and another smaller clothing chain called Stein Mart uses the Park Page feature. Would be great if there was something similar.

Park & Page is not available on UCx today but would be a great feature to submit for a feature enhancement.....

I know someone who has already created it on a similar platform.....maybe I'll have him get in contact with the EMT guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back