Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

here's a good one - would like to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardybob

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
ok, been programming norstars for several months. had a site that had a MICS Plus with a bad DS card (2 ports). expansion unit had 3 cards but main cabinet no cards. powered down and installed DS card in main cabinet slot 2 and marked bad ports on 058 and 059. punched down a spare business line to white/blue on the 66 block to go to the new card and was about to chk for dialtone (in case it should have been line 025). manager said they can no longer pickup any incoming calls, buttons on phones are not working, etc. found that a different target line (for DID/PRI??) was assigned to every phone. we don't have DID or PRI at the location. removed all target lines from sets, then pickup still didn't work so had to reprogram pickup group, add all sets back, etc. anyone know what fubar'd the system? thanks for the feedback. don't want to do this again.

forgot to add the hardware/software versions.
MICS PLUS
30NDG15 NAT
NT7B53FA-93 REL 09 CABINET
NT7B62FA-93 REL 04 POWER SUPPLY
NTBB08GA-93 REL 02 SOFTWARE CART
FIBER CARD
NTBB20FB-93 REL 07 M12X0 EXP
NT7B75GB-93 REL 02 DS CARD

Sounds Like someone did STARTUP with a DID TEMPLATE

MICS 4.1

Lets review wiring...

"installed DS card in main cabinet slot 2"
Slot 2 is an expansion slot.....you want/mean slot 3 or 4.

KSU
Pair Color Port CO Lines

Slot 4:
1 Wh/Bl 201 Line 1
2 Wh/Or 202 Line 2
3 Wh/Gn ---
4 Wh/Br ---
5 Wh/Sl 203 Line 3
6 Rd/Bl 204 Line 4
7 Rd/Or ---
8 Rd/Gn ---

Slot 3:
9 Rd/Br 225 Line 25
10 Rd/Sl 226 Line 26
11 Bk/Bl ---
12 Bk/Or ---
13 Bk/Gn 227 Line 27
14 Bk/Br 228 Line 28

TM 12X0:

Pair Color Port CO Lines

Slot 1:
1 Wh/Bl 201 Line 49
2 Wh/Or 202 Line 50
3 Wh/Gn ---
4 Wh/Br ---
5 Wh/Sl 203 Line 51
6 Rd/Bl 204 Line 52
7 Rd/Or ---
8 Rd/Gn ---

Etc

What was the issue to begin with?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

sound to me like the cards in the main cabinet may have been setup for pri/t1 before (if they were empty)
check the hardware settings
the system may have thought you put t1/pri card back in and reconfigured the sets to match

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Right. No cards in KSU is a big red flag for me.

Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you...

To get them straight, I'd back up the system, power down, move 2 DS cards into the KSU, then either reprogram accordingly, or to be safe, run Startup and reprogram.

If they did remove a DTI card from the cabinet, the system would default. I'd bet they have more issues than they're telling you.

Thanks guys. Sorry, been out of the office til now. You're all on the right track it appears. The system was previously programmed with a DTI card in it and I failed to check hardware before installing the DS card. So that was my downfall. And Curlycord, it looks like I was in slot 4 in the KSU (called it the wrong thing). I was on the wh/bl pairs. I appreciate the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back