Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

here is a strange one. I made some

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewarlock

Technical User
Sep 16, 2002
US
here is a strange one. I made some changes to 2616 phones I changed them to CLS CFTD FBD MTD CTD. how when one of these phones (call forward no answer) to Vmail it shows the number you called, the Main number of Vmail and the DN of the port you ate transfered to on the phone display of the calling phone.

To put it another way when I call one of these phone's that I made changes on, the phone forwards after 4 rings and on my display I see the DN I called plus (6381234-6382222 "N")

The customer doesn't want anyone to see the 6382222, don't ask me why they just don't.

ACE, DID YOU TRY TO PUT THE PHONE BACK THE WAY IT WAS A AND SEE IF IT STILL DOES IT. BECAUSE NONE OF THOSE CLS CHANGES SHOULD HAVE MATTERED

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

YOU DIDN'T CHANGE IT TO DDS IN THE CLS DID YOU?

Unless someone else made changes I don't know about, I changed 280 2616 phones and now I'm getting complaints about the FWD number on the display as they don't want this to show. Yes I changed it back on a few phones but it is still there.

I just got somemore info from the user, they said it used to just show the called DN and the 6381234 which is the Vmill number but it didn't show the port DN. they don't want the port DN to show.

I KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT, BECAUSE I'VE USED IT TO FIND BAD VML PORTS. WHEN YOU DIAL VOICEMAIL IT SHOWS THE ACD PILOT THEN WHEN VML ANSWERS IT SHOWS THE PORT DN THAT ANSWERED.

Right thats what they don't want showing, the VML port that answered. It only started showing today

I'LL CALL AROUND
PP

I wonder if you went to LD-95 and named it VMAIL would that show up instead of the port number and would the customer accept that????

Jaye Kilburn
T/IS Dept.
Marine Spill Response Corp.
Southern Region

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back