Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hep!!! Can't get on-line after Dialer virus. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwilson

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
US
I've been working on this for 3 days now. No luck. I'm hoping someone has had this problem before and can help me out.

3 days ago I updated my AVG software and ran a manual scan. It detected a dialer virus dialer.17.h and deleted the Sporder.dll file. I ran a second scan which detected nothing. I then ran Spybot which detected nothing, and AOL's spyware program which detected and blocked 4 issues one of which was a dialer. Since then, I can't connect to the internet. I get page cannot be displayed. I'm running Windows 2000 Professional with a cable modem connected to a Linksys router.

I do believe the modem and router are working becuase I have VOIP phone service and my phones are working correctly. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm going through internet withdrawal. [sadeyes]

Hurray!! I'm back on-line. Thank you so much Carrr for all your help. [party]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back