Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helping: Auto send Access Report thru Lotus Notes Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDMRDM

Programmer
Apr 9, 2007
US
I have an Access Database that is set to run on MS Scheduler to open every morning and send an email out. The Access Application starts, then it opens up my lotus notes with the attached Report with the correct distro. The problem is, I have to select "Send" in order for the email to go out. Is there a way to set up Lotus Notes to automatically send this email so I don't have to hit "Send" button? Thanks in advance for any help.

If you're creating a Memo, then no, since you're running it in the Notes client. The Notes client is not really made for automation - that's the server's job.

If it is at all possible, Access should send an SMTP message to the Notes server directly. That will get through.

The only issue, of course, is can Access do that and if so, how to make sure the attachment gets sent with it ?

Good luck !

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Thanks for the info. It just seems to me that there is some setting in Notes that should allow this message to be sent automatically. I have used it in MS Outlook and it works great. In Access, there a spot in the Send command that asks if I want to edit the message. I selected NO so it should just go through. Like I said everything works perfect up to the point where I have to manually hit the "Send" button in order the message to go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back