Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helping a Mom with a one click macro to login to web page & print 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davegmail

IS-IT--Management
Jun 4, 2006
US
Helping a Mom with a one click macro to login to web page & print page. Or use a Fn Function Key - such as F5.

Many older users would use the Internet more, but are limited by their fears, etc.

What good simple quick program for generating a macro can do this?

Such as going to a web site to print invoices, statements, other similar stuff.

Thanks, Dave

Thanks linney, but these are way to complicated to teach Senior Citizens how to use or to program for them. Win 3.11 had Macro Recorder. You click, type, etc. to start a program, go to a web page, etc. Macro Recorder saved it then you ran it. Worked very well. If you made an error, just re-record the macro.

Still looking....

Dave

Can't you create the batch file and leave it as a clickable icon for Mother?

Was it Recorder.exe in Nt 3.xx that you lovingly refer to? You still see some reference to it on Google, but it is unlikely to work on the later systems of nowadays, it was created in 1993! According to my copy, which incidentally (and not surprisingly) bombs out in Vista!

Linney - thanks, so how do I exactly create an Icon that does a batch file that logs into a web site, signs in, does the password? And another one that prints, or downloads the webpage? I am still not clear on how to do that?

Thanks, Dave

that logs into a web site, signs in"

Can't this be done once manually and have the Browser remember the details via Cookies and retain the URL in the Address drop Down Menu, or use the URL in a Shortcut?

306541 - HOW TO: Manage Stored User Names and Passwords on a Computer That Is Not in a Domain in Windows XP

Read this paragraph "Occasionally you may have come across a page on a web site that asks you to log in using a network password"

"prints, or downloads the webpage"

Can you not use those "Auto" links from earlier to do this sort of thing?

When you have created any batch file (that's the hard part and beyond my coding ability) you double click on it to run it. Sorry I can't really help you with it other than suggest you look at those "Auto" links.

This may help you?

Batch file with filename of 12 char instead of only 8 ?
thread779-1379160

Thanks, but I really don't want to do any "coding" or complex tasks.

1. I just want a macro recorder to record my keystrokes & mouse clicks - that is, go to a web site - login & password, manually wait for the page to open in IE 7, then print the page.

2. After that, I want to test it - call it "CTR+F1", which does step 1, above.

3. Likewise for other complicated tasks for senior citizens or people with limited mobility, handicapped, visually impaired, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back