Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helpful enterprise software...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auger282

MIS
Sep 27, 2003
We found some money in our IT budget (approx 1k) for software. And I'm looking for ideas of software that you've found helpful in your enterprise.

We have an active directory environment 300+ clients... we use many different software applications to ease our day to day operations... primarily dameware. But I’m open to new ideas and other input.

Thanks!

What do you want to do?

Software auditing?
Asset control?
remote management (dameware is really good for that tho)?
Treesize pro - really good for drive reporting and finding those HUGE files that pop up now and again.
Crystal reports for reporting against exisiting systems?

Or do you just want toys? And pretty much everything you can get in Linux flavours now or cost like £40,000!!!!

Must admit Dameware does pretty much everything for me.....

How about a new "IT Test box? or a couple of cheap boxes to test and play on.......

But Virtual PC does that really well now and thats free.....

Spending money is soooooo difficult sometimes :D

Have fun,
Iain

The tools I find the most invaluable are:

Hyena from SystemTools
Remote Task Manager (ntutility.com)
Whats Up Professional from ipswitch
Winbatch (for scripts)

I have others, but these are the ones I use on a constant basis and that hold a special place in my heart.

Thanks,

Matt Wray

GFH

Gee, I find I have to figure out how to do most stuff for free or write my own little programs in Perl. Other than my home-grown stuff, the tools I find most valuable in my environment are:

WSUS (free, of course)
SolarWinds Network Monitor (not free)
EZAudit (not free, but useful and fairly easy to deploy; you can get more, and better, information for free using WMI in my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back