Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Helpdesk Turning on Out of Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmoat

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
We tend to have the situation where by people need to have the out of office turned on for them either because they are muppets and forgot, or if they are absent through illness.

I used to do this on Exchange 2003 quite simply by using the exchange service account as the credentials on a new Outlook profile - thus allowing me to log in and turn on out of office.

This however does not work in Exchange 2007/Outlook 2007. I can access the mailbox with service account but when I try to turn on out of office it gives a:

Your Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.

Surely this is not by design? I cant realistically reset peoples passwords whenever this happens as it is quite a regular thing!

I always do this for others through OWA - it's faster and cleaner for me personally. But, I'm also a Mac user and Entourage is horrible.

Logon OWA as yourself, open their mailbox, options, OOOA

--DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back