Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HelpDesk Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

MIS
Sep 19, 2001
US
Hi,

I am looking into purchasing Helpdesk software for our office. I am looking into Magic Service Desk from Network Associates. Anyone using that? And if so, how do you like it?
Also, are there any helpdesk products out there that someone can recommend? I am looking for escalation procedures, remote control software, inventory/asset control, etc. Any suggestions?
Thanks

How much research have you done so far? If you google for help desk software there are many hits. What is your criteria? I can recommend you not get TrackIt!

I was looking into Trackit also, but not to impressed with them. I am looking for a Helpdesk, Inventory/Asset management/Remote control function all bundled into one, which has a good reputation.

I'm looking for the same thing! Any luck so far... Do you have a budget? I've seen some freeware out there but I rather pay for something that works. Something that intergrates with M exchange would be a plus too.

Charles

hey,

I have just started working in a new job which uses a program called RMS Service Desk [V5.0.0.2]

their website: has more info.

RMS uses MS Exchange/Outlook as the main communication tool between users & helpdsk staff - i find it great..

I haven't worked with any other helpdesk software so I can't really compare it, but it's worth a look

hope it helps
luni

i like anything fast enough to do something stupid in..

Hello,
I am still looking into. I went and visited a site yesterday that was using it. It looked pretty good to me and they liked it as well. It has a lot of the features I am looking for (remote control, asset tracking, purchasing, e-mail integration, on-line FAQ, etc)
I downloaded the eval copy and will hopefully have that up and running by the end of the week.
As far as the budget goes, still working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back