Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagdeep

Programmer
Feb 16, 2001
IN
I am taking parameter values from other table, but when I enter new record in the table, the parameter values is not updated. I have to add these values by editing the report. What is the solution ?

The default value lists in CR are static, unfortunately. They cannot link to a live list or update themselves.

If you need live values, you have to create the list using VB and pass the selected value to the report parameter. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

It sounds to me like you are saveing the data with the report and it needs to be refreshed. When you save a report, the program saves a report definition and the data. If you clear the Save Data with Report option via the Options command on the File menu, the program saves only the report definition. The data will then be refreshed each time the report is run.

Hope this helps

Edward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back