Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerluo

Programmer
Aug 13, 2001
GB
Hi,

Thanks in advance..

When attempting to run a VB6 program with a CR8 report from the client system, I receive the following error message:"Physical database not found.

In fact, all works fine on the development PC, but as soon as you package the whole lot up and install it on a fresh PC, you will get this error message "physical database not found". Moreover, it would work when ¡¥Crystal Report¡¦ be installed in client computer.

I know it might cause of some dlls missing. However, when you created the VB package, all relative files (including dll) should be collected. Therefore, what is the problem?

Thanks a lot

What type of data are you connecting to, and what type of connection are you using? Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

i am using SQL Server 2000,and ODBC connection.

thanks.

I am not sure that the VB deployment would be able to ensure that all of the dlls are included to confirm this, look at the developers help file called runtime.hlp (v8.5) and see if you are getting all of these dlls on the client.

Also, are you creating the ODBC connection on the client PC? Is it exactly the same (name,driver, etc) as in the design environment? Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Are you using the OCX or the RDC technology?

It's hard to see the VB Package Wizard not giving you errors on the building of the kit OR the actual installation process not giving you errors, and having the problem that you're having.

I faught this problem today. The final thing I found was that craxdrt.dll was not copied for some reason. Everything worked as expected as soon as I moved it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back