Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with VPN and Exchange!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vargas71

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2003
CA
Hi,

Right now I'm configuring VPN on a Cisco PIX 506E...everything work fine when connected...

I can see the personnal drives, I can print on the local printer etc...

But I can't connect to the Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server...

I received that message like error...

"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there ara network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance."

The funniest thing is that when I'm configure Outlook 2000 or 2002(XP) it can check the name of the user I'm entering on the Exchange server but can't find and open my folders???...And, everything else of exchange works, pop, smtp, imap, web etc

So why does the Exchange Server can't work???

Can anyone help me???

Can you resolve your exchange server's name? can you ping it by its name? Normally if your name resolution works correctly over vpn you should be fine. Are you using a VPN client?

Hi,

yes I use Cisco VPN Client 3.6.3...

I can see and ping the Exchange server by is name...

It can even check my name...on the Exchange Server when I configure Outlook for the mailboxes...

I don't understand...because I can see my e-mails trought the VPN by the Exchange Server on the pop, smtp, imap and the web...but when it comes to the Exchange Server...It doesn't works...

pretty strage....

Everything seems to be OK except that....

help me ;op

Great it works!!!

It was an access-list problem ;o)

Thanks a lot!!!

Now, I just have to solve my Exchange Server problem with the VPN Connection ;op

Oups...wrong treaht ;op

I test that and it doesn't works ;o(

I don't understand why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back