Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with VOIP Gateway, can send packets but can't seem to receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

beholder95

Technical User
Sep 4, 2003
US
I've got a Linksys SPA8000 VOIP gateway that i'm setting up to connect to my PBX. I've been strugging with Nat Policies, Access Rules, and the VOIP tab (enabling Sip Transformations, and Constant NAT).
My VOIP gateway is sending packets just fine, but receiving 0 packets. Last night i took the VOIP gateway home with me and it workes on my home router (netgear) without any routing rules or port forwarding. I know my home firewall isn't doing stateful packet inspection so i'm sure i need some configuration on my Pro2040 but can't seem to get it.

has anyone done this before?

The 2 NAT Policies I setup were (going left to right)

Policy 1 (outgoing)
Linksys VOIP Gateway ( An address object for the gateway IP), Original, Any, Original, SIP (service object for ports 5060 and 5061) , Original, Any, Any

Policy 2 (incoming)
All Wan IP, Original, Any, Linksys VOIP Gateway, SIP, Original, Any, Any

I also have an access Rule from LAN to WAN:
Linksys VOIP Gateway, ANY, SIP, ALLOW

WAN to LAN:
ANY, Linksys VOIP Gateway, SIP, ALLOW

LAN to LAN:
ANY, Linksys VOIP Gateway, SIP, ALLOW
Linksys VOIP Gateway, ANY, SIP, ALLOW

Can anyone see what's wrong or perhaps set me down the right path?

Thanks!
Andrew

I assume your linksys gateway has an internal IP???

If so try this. It may sound a little backwards but with the OS enhanced things are a little different. With your WAN to LAN access rule try this. Any, WAN IP (public IP you are trying to connec to, can use all WAN IP too), SIP, Allow.

Policy: any, org, WAN IP, "Linksys", SIP, org, Any, Any

Disable your outbound Policy.

LAN to LAN rules shouldn't apply for LAN to LAN traffic because it doesn't go through the firewall to filter. Unless maybe you have two LAN subnets on different port and in the same zone.

If you get stuck try the rule wizard. It kinda over does it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back