Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with VBA criteria for a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleegeld

Programmer
Sep 5, 2002
US
Hi guys,

I need to create a report that only shows the products that have not had their invoices paid since the effective date. All of the products have different effective dates and pay cycles -- i.e. annual, monthly and quarterly. So if a monthly payment is missing, then I want that to show up on the report.

Any help would be great,

Gleegeld

Do you have a field that identifies whether the product is paid monthly, quarterly, etc.?

"I know what you're t'inkin', ma petite. Dat Gambit... still de suave one, no?"

If you have a field in your table with "Date Paid" or some other indication that payment has been received, you can set up a small query with the criteria of that field set to "Is Null" or whatever indicates the negative status and then use the query as a filtername in the VBA code calling the report.
The syntax is:
DoCmd.OpenReport reportname [,view][,filtername]
where filtername is the name of the query.

Hope this helps.

Jfgambit-
Yes we have a a "pay cycle" field that list whether it is paid annual, quarterly, monthly or bi-monthly.

hjgoldstein-
I don't really understand how that would work for me. I guess I should be a bit more clear. When we get invoices in from vendors, an accountatnt enters the information in-- invoice number, invoice date, amount etc. My boss wants a reports tha populates only the products that have missed their monthly, quarterly or annual payment. But, I am also using effective dates for the products, so it could runs from 3/10/03-3/01/04 and it some have maintenace paid monthly, quarterly etc. between that period. He want a report that tells him when is has missed a payment. But am clueless as to what would be the best approach to this.

Again, any script would be great.

Thanks,
Gleegeld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back