Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with unknown windows CE device

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony9876

Technical User
Apr 20, 2010
CA
I have a 10" windows CE device that I wanted to turn into a digital picture frame. So I tried to load a few slideshow.exe's for windows ce but it won't recognize the .exe as an install file (says its not an installation program). I must be missing something. Heres the hard part; Theres no way for me to tell what kind of hardware it is. The only thing I can find is that its running windows ce v4.20. My only connection is ethernet, I can map to my pc to transfer files. I think its some kind X86 processor. Does anyone know where I can start?? Any ideas/suggestions??

Have you tried activesync-ing the devices with your computer? (Windows Mobile Device Center on Vista or Win7). This might tell you the manufacturer of the devices and this is probably how those slideshow .exe's actually get installed.

The device does not have active sync. My only connection is ethernet (mapped to PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back