Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Trust - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ2204

IS-IT--Management
Feb 13, 2002
GB
I have set up a VPN between two offices one with W2K and the other with Win 2003 Server. I have set up a trust between the two but it will not verify or validate saying that the domain could not be found and that no RPC connection was available.

Help!

p.s. do I need to add the 'computer' to a group in active directory? I have but it has made no difference.

Are either of those Small Business Server, or are they both (2000 and 2003) regular ol' Windows Server?

Small Business Server doesn't do domain trusts. At least 2000 didn't the few times I used it. 2003 might, but not that I remember.

Did you allow NetBios traffic to flow over those VPN connections?

Can you ping a DC on the other company's network?

Perhaps setup a VPN zone on each side pointing to the OTHER side? For instance. You're at Company A. Setup a DNS Zone for companyb.com and point the root (.) to the IP address of a DC on that company. Do the opposite on the other side.

If companya cannot resolve DNS to figure out how to get to companyb using internal DNS servers, it will try to route packets over the Internet rather than over your VPN tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back