Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with Timeline Report please.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrf1xa

Technical User
Jan 14, 2002
GB
I have a database which holds details of all ongoing projects for the dept, resources allocated, costs etc etc.

I have been asked to produce one report and I can't think how. The report needs to show months along the top and each project down the side, so clearly a crosstab format. However, instead of numbers I need to show a coloured line/bar from the start of the project to the end. to make things worse it needs to compare the start of the project with the report date (selected on a form) and if it start before the report date, the line bar should be one colourm if afterwards another colour.....

I have in mind using a rectangle for each month and using some sort of logic statement to change the back colour depending on the result, but this is as far as I;ve got. Anyone done this type of things or got any better ideas please?

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back