Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with this logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvanfly

Technical User
Jul 5, 2010
ZA
Hey,

I'm creating my sketch into paths and I wanted to know what the best approach is to the '3D' part of the logo (where the tie is like a ribbon).

Do I path the entire shape, then make a path on the top layer with a different color? and if so, how do I line it up flush?

Any help would be super appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

...there are a few approaches, the one I would go for is to draw the entire shape of the tie and letter n, so you have one complete shape, then divide that shape into sections using the pathfinder palette. From initial view I can count 5 sections...

...so essentially you create lines to divide the main shape up, those lines will then create the sections you need, this avoids line up issues for the most part. I would also work on a copy of the main shape so that the copy can be used as a clipping path if needed later in the process...

andrew

============
============

Andrew— I will try this. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back