Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help with the NCOS , FRL (Trunk Access) INFORMATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyro03

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
MX
Hi everyone, I don´t understand or how to relate the NCOS with FRL, I know that every trunk has restrictions, and that ones are invlolved with the NCOS and this one with FRL, but I don´t know how, I know there must be some list that relate them, I would like a explanation bout how this Trunk restrictions works, all the relations between the NCOS, FRL, CLS, TGAR,.. and topics like that.

I´d appreciate that a lot.

Thanks in advance.

NCOS to FRL is involved & you need to consider the LD10/11 CLS settings CTD, UNR, TLD etc. I'll just cover the basic TLD setting.

If you set TLD in the CLS, the NCOS value looks at the NCOS value in LD87. So, in LD87, if you PRT NCTL, you will see what NCOS ='s which FRL.

REQ prt
CUST 0
FEAT NCTL
NRNG 0 7

NCOS 0
FRL 0

NCOS 1
FRL 1

NCOS 2
FRL 2

NCOS 3
FRL 3

NCOS 4
FRL 4

NCOS 5
FRL 5

NCOS 6
FRL 6

NCOS 7
FRL 7

Being a subscriber to the keep it simple idea, you can see I use 0 = 0, 1 = 1 etc.

The LD87 FRL value relates to the FRL in LD16. If you PRT your route data you will see something like

FRL 0 0
FRL 1 1
FRL 2 2
FRL 3 3
FRL 4 4
FRL 5 5
FRL 6 6
FRL 7 7
again, keeping it simple, I use FRL 0 = FCR 0 etc. The FCR value equates to the FCR table in LD49, so in my example, I'm saying NCOS 0 = FRL 0 = FCR 0 & NCOS 7 = FRL 7 = FCR 7.
In LD49, you define what the NCOS value can and cannot dial on the route.

TGARS & TARGS.

In LD10/11 you can set a TGAR value & in LD16 you set a TARG value. If the TGAR & TARG value are the same then the extn is barred from using that route.

This is obviously a real basic explanation, to understand this some more, read the NTP's on BARS/NARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back