Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help with the configureation for a broker domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admente

Programmer
Nov 29, 2006
DE
Hello
I created a configuration manager, a broker and a queue manager successfully!
When i try to create a domain with the Websphere MQ Toolkit i put: name of the queue manager, localhost and
as port number the 1414 as default. However i get an error box :
BIP0914E: Message Broker is unable to communicate with the configuration manager

Reason: Network connection may dropped or / and Websphere queue manager SAMPLMQ is not running and /or listener on port 1414 is not running
1) First check the queue manager SAMPLMQ is available
2) start...
3)..

I tried it with all these great advices in the message box:
restarted all staff and so on every thing seems to be ok.
Telnet an netstat tell me that there is nothing running on port 1414, no server? I am using the WebSphere MQ Explorer and i can find the value of the port for my queue manager which is shown in the Queue Manager Properties dialog on the TCP page and it is the port 1414!
I don’t know why there is no server at 1414!
Where can I find on which port my queue managers are running? I think this is an issue of port! How can I find out on which port is the queues are running on ?
I used this option to create my configuration:

Hier is a summary of the configuration:
1) I create the queue manager with the MQ Explorer: SAMPLEQM

2)
mqsicreateconfigmgr SAMPLE_CM -i xyxyxyxyyyx -a xyxyxyxyyyx -q SAMPLEQM
mqsistart SAMPLE_CM

3)
//a Broker Manager
mqsicreatebroker SAMPLE_BK -i xyxyxyxyyyx -a xyxyxyxyyyx -q SAMPLEQM -n SAMPLEQM
mqsistart SAMPLE_BK

I will be very thankful for your help
Cheer

Setup the communication between the BROKER QMGR and the CONFIGURATION QMGR using channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back