Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help With Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeroberts2005

Instructor
May 25, 2005
GB
I have a drawing that I wish to make into a template. I have saved it as a .dwt file this part is fine. The Problem arrives when I try to insert my template as a layout. Although i have given it a name a box comes up that says [Insert Layout(s) in the blue boarder, Layout Names(s) below, Layout1 layout 2 below. When I click ok a blank layout is inserted with the name Layout3-layout1. All the other preset layouts are inserted with no problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

I think the problem is that your .dwt file still has the default layout1 layout. Open the .dwt file and delete it by right clicking on the layout tab and select delete...
You can also delete the unwanted layout3-layout1 from the drawing described above, by using the same method.

I have deleted the default layer 1 out of the .dwt but when I try to insert my template it does not have my file name in the box it just says name layout 2 and then Inserts a blank layout but has the right page setup e.g A3.

Does the name of the .dwt matter I noticed that the pre-set layouts have a - in the name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back